Emotion Center Copenhagen invites you to
A two-day seminar by
Leone Baruh, Italy
“Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy of Families and Couples:
Intergenerational Family Therapy”
Copenhagen 5 & 6 of April 2019
Intergenerational Family Therapy
“Intergenerational Family Therapy” (TIF) is a psychotherapeutic model under development, which integrates different theoretical orientations into one experiential dynamic psychotherapy approach for couples and families. The model is developed in order to implement psychodynamic techniques from ISTDP into the work with families and couples, which are considered the basic family unit. As such, TIF can be used as a therapeutic framework.
The linchpin of the model lies in using ISTDP to generate significant individual changes in a short time, resulting in changes in the more complex systems of the couple or the family. Techniques from cognitive therapy as well as theoretical understandings from systemic therapy are used to implement such changes in the family system. As such, TIF draws upon three different theoretical orientations:
- Systemic family therapy as a basic support for understanding the individual family members’ roles in the family as a system.
- ISTDP as the optimal technique for creating deep changes in the parents/couple’s respective intrapsychic conflicts. By using ISTDP, an unlocking of the parents/couple’s unconscious can facilitate deep understanding of their own psychological problems, as well as symptom reduction and a fundamental sense that the emotional problems in the family can be solved.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is used for children in order to alleviate “front door symptoms”, and as tools for the parents to handle emergencies in the family.
The overall goals of the immersion are:
- to provide the basis of all the practical aspects involved with starting a couple or family therapy with ISTDP.
- To show in detail, and using the videos, how the model works
- To detect and sharpen the specific ISTDP skills needed to succeed in this complex but exciting field
- To set up the foundations of the final model
About Leone Baruh:
Leone Baruh is a psychologist and psychotherapist, Vice President and Head of Education of IEDTA (International Experiential Dynamic Therapy Association), Director of the SPAI Master in Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (www.spaigroup.net), and founder and CEO of SPID-B (Sviluppo Psicoterapie Intensive Dinamiche Brevi). Leone is in private practice since 1993 and has devoted the last 15 years of his career in spreading, promoting and teaching Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapies. More recently he is developing and testing brand new STDP models for Families, Couples, Adolescents and Sportsmen.
- Date & Time: 5. & 6. of April 2019, both days from 9.00-16.00
Place: Kulturhuset Tomsgårdsvej, Tomsgårdsvej 35, 2400 København NV (Free parking behind the House)
- Registration: Contact Mikkel Reher-Langberg at email@example.com
- Price: 2700 DKK including lunch.
- Confidentiality: As the presentations will contain personally sensitive material, the course is for health professionals only, under oath of confidentiality.